Your home page design is like your storefront window. Your home page is the first page in which your visitors will land. If the home page design is not entertaining or appealing to your visitors, more likely they will move on quickly and you may lose revenue.
Imagine going shopping on the high street. Would you enter a store that is not in any way appealing to you? Maybe not. Websites act as a virtual street. Today, a vast amount of companies trade online and compete for business. Your visitors will decide quickly whether your website will be of any benefit to them. Effective landing pages are a crucial part of your home page design to effectively convert visitors and gain return on investment.
Tips for Effective Home Page Design:
- If you have a brand or a logo already established, use it for your website. Do not confuse your visitors, building a consistent brand identity online and offline is important.
- Make navigation clear. Good navigation makes it quickly for your visitors to find information throughout the entire website.
- Update the content of your website. Make it appealing to new and returning customers.
- Welcome your new guests. If you have no new visitors you will not have return visitors.
- Be clear and concise: who are you? What do offer? Why is your company better than your competitors?
Be Human. Add customer services to your Home Page Design.
Your customers want to to talk directly with a human operator. Place strategic call-back buttons or virtual chats to encourage engagement. If your visitors have questions, a personal answer will result in a favourable impression.
Add Call-to- Action buttons to your Home Page Design.
A good call-to-action button will guide your visitors towards the action you want them to take. Add to cart, free trial sign-up or download buttons are some examples of call-to-action button which must be accompanied with a striking and effective text such as “download our guide now”.
If you need help with your home page design, Webdesign365.ie can help you with:
- IT consultations
- e-commerce website development or upgrade
- implementation of online or booking systems
- purchase of online advertising
- digital marketing strategy
- social media marketing
- consultation for early stage adopters of online strategy
- training and skills development.