Website development process is very important. Do not attempt to start website design and create content without having a clear plan in place. Without a plan you may find that costly reworking will be inevitable because you may not reach and serve the needs of your visitors.
To avoid wasting time and money we have compiled a list of basic steps you should follow during your website development process:
- Pre-development stage. When developing a new website you should include domain registration and decide on the hosting company. It is very important that the aims and goals of your new web site are set. If you decide to hire a web development company, you should engage with your developers.
- Analysis and design. This stage involves analysing the needs of the website and design specifications. From a marketing point of view you should have some market research, be very clear about your objectives and identify their typical customer persona.
- Content development. Initial prototypes will be developed by your website development team. At this stage databases and content management systems will be integrated to test usability and performance. A content strategy should be developed to define how to present content to your visitors.
- Pre-launch promotion. Search engine optimisation is very important to be found. If you do not have the expertise, it is worth hiring SEO experts to optimise your website. Initial promotional activities should start at this stage and will be followed by ongoing promotional activities of your website.
Website development is ongoing. Maintenance is paramount as the website represents your business. Monitor analytics and keep an eye on what is working and what is not to take corrective actions to improve your online presence, increase sales and visitors.
If you require assistance with your web development, Webdesign365.ie can help you with:
- IT consultations
- e-commerce website development or upgrade
- implementation of online or booking systems
- purchase of online advertising
- digital marketing strategy
- social media marketing
- consultation for early stage adopters of online strategy
- training and skills development.